Are you ever tempted to wave the white flag of surrender before the battle is over? Or perhaps before the battle has even begun?
When you face your own personal Goliath-sized dilemma, remember that the giant is never bigger than God. 1 John 4:4 reminds us, “The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” He is already victorious!
So if you need to overcome a self-defeating attitude, here are a few ways to reclaim that victory:
- Review and renew your attitude daily. It’s not our circumstances that hold us back, but our attitude in those circumstances.
- Become accountable. This keeps you on track and gives you an objective point of view.
- Relinquish your anger. Unresolved anger will cause you to create seemingly insurmountable obstacles in life and focus on the negatives.
- Get physical! An activity as simple as a brisk walk can improve your outlook.
- Clean house emotionally. Learn to relax, give up perfectionism, and don’t be afraid to cry.
- Be proud of who you are and who you are becoming.
“Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:43).
Be confident in all Jesus has done and will do. He is mightier than any problem this life can throw at us!